Not very traditional, but good for those who want to celebrate Chanukah and still keep to their diets (the words Chanukah and diet usually cancel each other out).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush 2 baking sheets with 1 tsp oil each.
- Loosely grate potatoes and onion in food processor and place in large mixing bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add flour and onion and mix well.
- Mix in eggs and 1 tsp oil.
- Spoon out the batter onto baking sheets and flattern slightly.
- with oven racks in lower and middle positions, bake until brown on the bottom (about 10 minutes).
- Turn and bake another 5 or until brown.
- Garnish liberally with chives and serve with sour cream or non-fat yogurt.
- (Soy versions of these milk-based products will work also).