1/4 Photos of Un-Fried French Fries
1 hr 5 mins
These look almost as good as they taste. But they are NOT McDonald's fries. At half a gram of fat per serving (versus 16 grams for the same amount of the fried variety) you can munch away guiltlessly. These can become addicting, there was a period where I made these several times a week. From In the Kitchen With Rosie by Rosie Daley
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 large baking potatoes
- light vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon cajun spices
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Slice each potato lengthwise into 1/4-inch ovals, then slice each ovallengthwise into matchsticks (i use a mandoline which makes this go much quicker).
- 3Coat a baking sheet with 3 sprays of the vegetable oil.
- 4Combine the egg whites and cajun spice in a bowl.
- 5Add the matchstick potatoes and mix to coat.
- 6Pour the coated potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet and spread them out into a single layer, leaving a little space between them.
- 7Place the baking sheet on the bottom shelf of the oven.
- 8Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the fries are crispy, turning them every 6 to 8 minutes with a spatula so that they brown evenly.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Un-Fried French Fries
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.2
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 34.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: