Un Fried Brown Rice - Good for You
- Place brown rice and water in pot with tight fitting lid - bring to boil, then simmer for 40 minutes or until water is absorbed (or use left over brown rice).
- In large skillet or wok, heat olive oil over med-high heat - add onions and garlic, cook until soft.
- Push onions and garlic to the side, add eggs, and cook, stirring constantly.
- Add vegetables (I usually add more than 1 cup) and rice, left over meat(if you choose to), and green onions - continue stirring.
- Add soy sauce and sesame oil - heat through.
- To freeze: Place in a rigid container and freeze. Note: If you plan on freezing part of this you may want to omit the soy sauce and sesame oil until reheat.
- To heat: Thaw, put in a baking dish, covered with foil and reheat at 350F for 30 minutes or until heated through.