One Happy Woman's Note:
This is so decadent. And so good. And so easy. I've seen more complicated versions of this, but who needs that? Not for every night, but for those occasions when you need to impress someone, butter them up, romance them, or apologize, big-time. Just don't invite your cardiologist to dinner. Use the Cambozola - it's worth it. And a top-quality port; I used one made by BR Cohn. Sip a little, cook a little. Sip a little, cook a little. Oh yeah, it's low in carbs. ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season the steaks with the garlic salt and lemon pepper.
- 2Melt the olive oil and butter in a heavy-bottomed stainless skillet: nothing deglazes as well and takes the heat.
- 3Sear the steaks and continue to cook them in the pan.
- 4When steaks are done, remove and cover with foil.
- 5Reduce the heat under the pan; add the port and deglaze the pan.
- 6Off the heat, drop in the Cambozola cut into small pieces.
- 7Whisk until melted; pour over the plated steaks.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Un-Be-Freakin'-Lievable Steaks With Port and Cambozola Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.7
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 43.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rib eye steaks