Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is so decadent. And so good. And so easy. I've seen more complicated versions of this, but who needs that? Not for every night, but for those occasions when you need to impress someone, butter them up, romance them, or apologize, big-time. Just don't invite your cardiologist to dinner. Use the Cambozola - it's worth it. And a top-quality port; I used one made by BR Cohn. Sip a little, cook a little. Sip a little, cook a little. Oh yeah, it's low in carbs. ;-)
- Season the steaks with the garlic salt and lemon pepper.
- Melt the olive oil and butter in a heavy-bottomed stainless skillet: nothing deglazes as well and takes the heat.
- Sear the steaks and continue to cook them in the pan.
- When steaks are done, remove and cover with foil.
- Reduce the heat under the pan; add the port and deglaze the pan.
- Off the heat, drop in the Cambozola cut into small pieces.
- Whisk until melted; pour over the plated steaks.