Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
comfort food at its best! I love this meal, expecially with a house salad and some toasty garlic bread, yum!
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef (90% lean or higher)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans30% low-sodium tomato soup
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans water
- 8 ounces dried ziti pasta (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup pre-shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pint low-fat small-curd cottage cheese
- Place a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef and cook, breaking up the large pieces, until the meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Drain excess fat.
- Add the tomato soup, water, ziti, basil, garlic powder, and onion powder and stir until well blended.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce the heat and cook, covered, at a low boil, until the ziti is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Stir in the mozzarella cheese and cottage cheese.
- Serve in individual bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.