Recipe by grapefruit
Egyptian dessert. i love this though i haven't tried making this recipe as yet, but it seems very easy to make.
- 5 1⁄2 ounces puff pastry, baked
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Break puff pastry into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix pastry with nuts, raisins and coconut and put in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Combine sugar and milk in a small pot, and bring to a boil.
- Pour over the pastry, nuts and raisins.
- Pour the light cream over everything.
- Bake 25 minutes in preheated 400° F oven.
- The cream will lose its 'whipped' nature, but will brown.
- serve warm.