Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is my twist on a recipe called "award winning chocolate chip cookies". These cookies are perfect-- they stay soft for days (that is, if they last that long)!
- 1064.65 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml shortening
- 354.88 ml brown sugar, packed
- 118.29 ml sugar or 59.14 ml Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 2 (198.44 g) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 236.59 ml rolled oats
- 236.59 ml miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 118.29 ml butterscotch chips
- 118.29 ml M&M's or 118.29 ml Reese's pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. Sift together the flours and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Slowly blend in the flour mixture followed by the rolled oats. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and M&M's or Reese's.
- Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies just start to turn golden. Cool on wire rack.
- *Note: can use any flavor instant pudding, and sugar-free versions as well. My favorite is one package vanilla and one package butterscotch, but I've also used pistachio and added green food coloring for St. Patrick's Day.
- *Note: the measurements on the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and M&M's or Reese's are just estimates--- I usually just pour some in and stir, then add more as needed.
My Hubby fancies himself a Chocolate chip cookie connoisseur and he has deemed these some of the best he's ever had. Love the pillowy softness and the almond extract makes them special. I used chocolate chunks and left out the m&ms and scooped them with a small cookie scoop. I ended up with about 48 delectable cookies.
I just made these and you were right I DO LOVE THEM! I havled the recipe, used cheesecake pudding (all I had) and used all all-purpose flour. They turned out just as yummy as they look in the pictures. I thought I had found "my chocolate chip recipe" before but I think I will change it to this one. Thanks a Bunch!!!