Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
True chocolate fans will love this intensely flavored hot chocolate.
- 4 cups half-and-half or 4 cups light cream or 4 cups whole milk
- 3 -4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 -4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dark corn syrup
- whipped cream (optional)
- In heavy 2 quart saucepan, combine half-and-half, light cream, or whole milk; chopped semisweet chocoate; and chopped bittersweet chocolate.
- Stir in corn syrup.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- To serve, pour hot chocolate mixture into mugs.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired.
What AN OUTSTANDING HOT CHOCOLATE ~ We really enjoyed this particular combo of chocolates! Fortunately for me my other half went to work after only 1 cup, & I was able to enjoy the rest of it all morning long! This is definitely one of those recipes I'll be making often! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Gimme 5 tag]
Went down to 4 servings, and WOW!! What a great pick me up morning treat. The kids enjoyed too, reallt tasty and full of chocolate flavor. Great for the start of the morning. Thanks. Made for PRMR tag
What a wonderfully decadent hot chocolate recipe! I made it in the microwave by heating the milk until tiny bubbles formed around the edge, then adding the chocolate and stirring until melted. This is definitely my top hot chocolate recipe from now on! Thanks Lainey!