Prep 1 min
Cook 15 mins
Home made and ultra good! If this recipe proves to be too rich for you, simply add more milk to adjust it to your preference.
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- miniature marshmallow
- whipped cream (optional)
- Bring milk, cocoa powder and sugar to simmer in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat, whisking frequently.
- Add chocolate; whisk until melted and smooth.
- Add salt; bring to simmer, whisking constantly until frothy.
- Ladle into 4 mugs.
- Sprinkle with marshmallows or dollop of whipped cream.
- Makes 4 servings.
Just what I was looking for! I made an individual portion by quartering the recipe to: 1 cup milk (I used 1%), 1 Tbsp cocoa powder, 2 Tbsp sugar, and 1 oz chocolate. Put it all in a mug, microwaved for one minute, stirred with a fork, and microwaved for another minute. Easy and delicious.
Ultra-good is right! Delicious with whipped cream or marshmallows! Thanks for the recipe!
I've been taste testing hot chocolates and this one is excellent! I used 2% milk and added 1tbsp cornstarch to give it thickness and 2tsp of vanilla extract to add even more chocolate richness. Just wonderful.