Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Preparing this lasagna takes just 10 minutes because the noodles are not precooked. Raw noodles are layered with ricotta and mozzarella cheeses and surrounded with a tomato-wine sauce that cooks the noodles until tender. Can make up to 24 hours in advanced.
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, combine tomato sauce, garlic, wine, water and oregano.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Beat in the ricotta and parmesan cheeses.
- Pour 2 cups sauce on bottom of 9x13 pan. Alternate the lasagna, sauce, ricotta mixture, and mozzarella, making three layers ending with mozzarella.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil. At this point it can be refigerated up to 24 hours. Bring to room temperature before baking.
- Bake 1 hour covered, remove foil and continue baking 15 more minutes or until the sauce is thickened and the noodles are tender.
- Let sit 10 minutes before cutting.
I planned on making lasagna this week and so was really happy to come across this recipe. I love the fact you don't have to boil the lasagna noodles first. Will NEVER go back to the old way again!! I also put 1 lb. ground beef in the sauce for the carnivores of this family:-) Thanks for a great home-cooked meal in no time Kel. Made for MarketTag~
For a fast and quick meal - this lasagna fits the bill! I used more red wine and added some crushed red pepper to kick it up a bit. Next time I would saute a bit of onions, red peppers and mushrooms and add that to the mix. Great for a weeknight supper! Thanks KelBel!