Prep 7 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great quick and flavourful recipe - it has become a comfort food in our house.
- 2 (19 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- chopped jalapeno (to garnish)
- sour cream (to garnish)
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Poach the chicken in the stock, remove, and cut into cubes.
- In a separate pan, heat oil and saute onions until translucent.
- Add garlic, canned chilies, cumin, and cayenne, stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add beans, chicken, stock from poaching pan, and cheese. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Top each serving with some chopped jalapeno pepper and garnish with a dollop of sour cream.
its fast and simple. there's room to alter. I gave this recipe to my mom and she put ham in instead of chicken and it was great. its a good change from regular chile
Instead of using boneless chicken I use ground chicken, I like it better. I also use white cheese instead.