Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This cake is so easy, I throw it together when I make my bread machine challah as this recipe calls for whites, and the challah calls for yolks. The results are a delicious moist cake, that you can't help sneaking another piece. You can make it more chocolatey if you wish by folding in 1 C. of chocolate chips before baking. If this is made with Duncan Hines cake mix, it will be pareve (dairy (lactose) and meat free) If using the chocolate chips and want it pareve, be sure to use dairy free ones, I like the 365 whole foods brand.
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box chocolate instant pudding
- 3 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a bundt or tube cake pan.
- Mix the above ingredients with a mixer on low until moistened. Scrape down the sides.
- Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until done.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes in pan before removing.
OMG!! This is a great cholate cake recipe. It is a very moist cake. I will be making this again.