Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These cupcakes are my kids favorite snack to bring in their lunch boxes. They are so good that even the teachers would write me a letter requesting the recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- 8 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup Velveeta cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs and extract.
- Pour in flour mixture in thirds adding 1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk in between (beginning and ending with flour mixture.).
- Add in grated Velveeta and blend well.
- Put in muffin cups 3/4 cup full only.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake in 350 oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Stays moist for 1 week in room temperature (covered in tight lid container).
This was the first time I've made a cheese cupcake, and I was pleasantly surprised. The orange extract adds a really nice touch. The cakes were light and fluffy. I sent a good portion of them to work with my brother, and everyone there loved them..even a person who does not like cheese, said that they were excellent and ate more than one. I personally would like more cheese in them next time. Thank you!
just wondering - what are those teachers doing stealing cupcakes from your children?!! ;)
I absolutely love these cupcakes. I didn't have orange flavoring so I used almond and wow soooooooo good! My family loves it also. I overbaked them at 25 minutes. So the next time I will reduce to 22 minutes.