Recipe by KitchenCraftsnMore
From the box, just with a bit less sugar. (The recipe calls for 1/2 cup, which makes them a little sweeter than I like a bran muffin to be.)
Top Review by caroljo622
I made these according to the recipe except I added cinnamon, vanilla extract and a whole smashed banana instead of 1/2. Baked at 375 for about 30 minutes. They came out with beautiful crispy tops and wonderful flavor. Definitely will make these again.
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups all-bran cereal, with exta fiber
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup mashed banana
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together dry ingredients (except cereal), set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cereal with milk.
- Let stand 5 minutes until cereal softens.
- Add egg whites and mashed banana, mix well.
- Add flour mixture, stirring only til moistened.
- Spoon into 12 muffin cups sprayed with Pam.
- Bake at 400 F for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.