Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the box, just with a bit less sugar. (The recipe calls for 1/2 cup, which makes them a little sweeter than I like a bran muffin to be.)
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups all-bran cereal, with exta fiber
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup mashed banana
- Stir together dry ingredients (except cereal), set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cereal with milk.
- Let stand 5 minutes until cereal softens.
- Add egg whites and mashed banana, mix well.
- Add flour mixture, stirring only til moistened.
- Spoon into 12 muffin cups sprayed with Pam.
- Bake at 400 F for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Very good muffins nice and full. I use less then 1/3 of a cup splenda and I used 1/2 cup applesauce too. I baked them for 35 mins at 375. They're so moist. Thanks a lot I'll make these again.
A nice, hearty muffin. I used one whole egg in place of the egg whites and 1/4 cup of canola oil in place of the banana. Excellent!
I made these as directed except used regular all bran instead of the extra fiber variety. A fine plain bran muffin. Reasonable texture, not terribly exciting, but a good solid bran muffin.