Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Super easy and perfect for the beginner cook.
Make and share this Ultra-Easy Pumpkin Pie Squares recipe from Food.com.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (set aside one cup of the dry mix before proceeding) or 1 package spice cake mix (set aside one cup of the dry mix before proceeding)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup melted margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Grease and flour a 8X11 inch baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Disregard instructions on cake mix box, you're not going to bake a cake.
- Mix dry cake mix (minus 1 cup dry mix) and melted butter.
- Add egg and mix till it holds together (different cake mixes react differently, so you may need to add a small amount of milk 1/2 tsp. at a time, if necessary to hold mixture together).
- Pat crust mixture into pan with your fingers, coating bottom and up the sides about 1 inch.
- Mix together the filling ingredients, along with the reserved 1 cup of dry cake mix, and pour into the crust.
- Mix the topping ingredients (minus the optional nuts) together with a fork or pastry blender till mixture is crumbly.
- Mix in nuts, if desired.
- Sprinkle topping mixture over filling and bake for 45-60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool and serve with whipped cream.
This was excellent. Thanks
I made several different kinds of pumpkin squares recently for a gathering, and this was the one everyone wanted the recipe for... not just for the new to baking, but great for time constrained bakers as well!
This is a very tasty dessert. We loved it. I was unsure it was going to turn out because my crust was very wet, not dry at all (not sure if that's how it's suppose to be?). I did not need to add the additional milk. The filling is a very nice flavor of pumpkin with just enough spices. When I try this again I will skip the toppings and see if my family still likes this. It was a nice addition but it was spots of extra sweetness. But still it was a very good dessert to have after a light meal. Will be excellent to have on Thanksgiving.