Recipe by Jedley
I can't think of another recipe with such a favorable ratio of ease of preparation to final result. Guests assume you've studied under a master chef, leaving it up to you to decide whether or not to confess that this refreshing summer soup only took you ten minutes to prepare.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Ultra good too! Very easy, and great way to get those cucumbers used, just let it chill for a while, and your all set! I used a veggie broth, and a bit of low-fat sour cream - thinned out with a bit of broth, instead of the half/half. Dotted the top with some Tabasco sauce. Thanks for the recipe!
- 8 cucumbers
- 2 large onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 236.59 ml chicken stock (canned or bouillon)
- 473.19 ml half-and-half
- fresh chives
- white pepper
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and seed cucumbers, cut into chunks. Saute' chopped onions and garlic in olive oil in a large pot until golden.
- Add chicken stock, cucumbers and a fistful of peel (for color, to be removed later). Cook on low heat, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Remove cucumber peel, add cream and a pinch of white pepper. Puree in food processor, salt to taste.
- Chill overnight, serve with a sprinkle of fresh chopped chives.
- Needs no thickener, since the pureed cucumber pulp gives it a nice velvety texture.