1/1 Photo of Ultra-Easy Chilled Cucumber Soup
I can't think of another recipe with such a favorable ratio of ease of preparation to final result. Guests assume you've studied under a master chef, leaving it up to you to decide whether or not to confess that this refreshing summer soup only took you ten minutes to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and seed cucumbers, cut into chunks. Saute' chopped onions and garlic in olive oil in a large pot until golden.
- 2Add chicken stock, cucumbers and a fistful of peel (for color, to be removed later). Cook on low heat, covered, for 45 minutes.
- 3Remove cucumber peel, add cream and a pinch of white pepper. Puree in food processor, salt to taste.
- 4Chill overnight, serve with a sprinkle of fresh chopped chives.
- 5Needs no thickener, since the pureed cucumber pulp gives it a nice velvety texture.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultra-Easy Chilled Cucumber Soup
Serving Size: 1 (860 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.4
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 150.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 9.9 g