1/1 Photo of Ultra Crispy Waffles
M A Lewis's Note:
I found a recipe recently for waffles using seltzer water and decided I could make it better.....And through the patience of my family, I created a recipe that is light and crispy and flavorful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat waffle maker.
- 2In large mixing bowl, crack the eggs and mix on high for 1 minute.
- 3Turn down to low and slowly add milk, seltzer water, syrup and sugar.
- 4Turn off mixer and add baking powder, baking soda and flour then turn on low and mix for 1 minute. Scrap sides of bowl and mix for another 30 seconds.
- 5Using ladle,(or 1/2- 2/3 cup measurement), pour onto preheated waffle iron surface and cook for approximately 4 minutes. Waffle should be golden brown. Carefully remove from iron and place on warmed plate and cover with warm towel if not eating right away.
- 6Spread on butter just prior to drizzling with syrup.
- 7For EXTRA crispy waffles, cook for an additional minute until waffle is medium to dark brown, BUT NOT burnt.
- 8I hope you enjoy this wonderful breakfast treat.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultra Crispy Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.8
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 55.0 mg
- Sodium 637.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 6.8 g