Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The perfect drink for a cold cold night. From Oh she glows.
- 236.59 ml freshly brewed coffee (use decaf, if preferred)
- 396.89 g can light coconut milk
- 29.58 ml cocoa powder, sifted
- 44.37 ml pure maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 2.46 ml pure vanilla extract
- 0.25 ml fine grain sea salt
- Whisk together the coffee and coconut milk in a medium-sized pot. Bring mixture to a simmer and reduce heat to low.
- Sift in the cocoa powder, whisking quickly to incorporate until no clumps remain. Whisk in maple syrup to taste and a dash of sea salt.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Serve immediately with vegan marshmallows and/or sugar-rimmed glasses or mugs. Store any leftovers in a glass jar in the fridge.
- Note: This hot cocoa doesn’t have a super strong coffee flavour, so if you are looking for more coffee flavour, feel free to add more as desired. I used espresso beans and made it in my French Press just like traditional pressed coffee.