Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from the Swanson Broth recipe website. This is my favorite way to prepare mashed potatoes.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Swanson chicken broth
- 5 large potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 7 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup light cream or 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 dash pepper (generous dash)
- Place broth and potatoes in a saucepan.
- Heat to a boil.
- Cover and cook over medium heat 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain, reserving broth.
- Mash potatoes with 1/4 cup broth, cream, butter and pepper.
- Add additional broth if needed, until desired consistency.
Good side that's lower fat. Was surprised how much flavor the potatoes absorbed from the chicken broth. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Excellent. I love potatoes cooked this way. I used a little 2% milk and fat free low sodium beef broth. Very nice. Thanks for sharing. Made for Bargain Basement Tag Game :)