Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I got this recipe from a friend and its WONDERFUL!
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 (2 ounce) jarminced garlic
- 1 (4 ounce) jar green chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 5 cups monterey jack cheese
- 5 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans
- Cook chicken for about 30-45 minutes drain.
- Heat broth, add onion and garlic, low boil for about 10 minutes.
- Add spices and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Add beans and simmer for another 45 minutes.
- Add chicken and 1 cup cheese and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with cheese, sour creme, salsa, and fritos or mexican corn bread.
This recipe wasn't bad, but i was expecting it to have more flavor since it had so many spices in it. It definitely had too many beans, I would cut back on those next time.
This was really good. I also cut down on the amount of beans. And it smells heavenly!
Very yummy. I will add more chicken and maybe one less can of beans next time.