1/1 Photo of Ultimate Twice-Baked Potatoes
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Jessi Leigh's Note:
The buttery, creamy indulgence of mashed potatoes meets the joy of digging into a baked potato in this iconic side dish: crispy potato skins are filled with soft whipped potato mixed with cheddar cheese, bacon, sour cream, butter, Tabasco, and herbs, topped with more cheese, and baked until golden brown and bubbly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 russet potatoes, scrubbed (about 2 1/2 lb.)
- 1 cup grated aged cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices cooked bacon, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1Heat oven to 450°. Put potatoes on a baking sheet and bake, turning occasionally, until tender, about 1 hour. Transfer to a rack and let cool slightly.
- 2Halve potatoes lengthwise and scoop out insides with a spoon into a medium bowl, leaving ¼" of the outer layer of flesh and skin behind; transfer empty potato halves to a baking sheet.
- 3Combine scooped potato insides, ½ cup each cheddar and Gruyère, and sour cream, butter, chives, parsley, Tabasco, Worcestershire, and bacon and season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into potato halves and sprinkle with remaining cheese and paprika.
- 4Bake until cheese is browned and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Twice-Baked Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 634.7
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.2 g
- Saturated Fat 23.9 g
- Cholesterol 122.4 mg
- Sodium 679.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 26.1 g