Cook1 hr 10 mins
The buttery, creamy indulgence of mashed potatoes meets the joy of digging into a baked potato in this iconic side dish: crispy potato skins are filled with soft whipped potato mixed with cheddar cheese, bacon, sour cream, butter, Tabasco, and herbs, topped with more cheese, and baked until golden brown and bubbly.
- 4 russet potatoes, scrubbed (about 2 1/2 lb.)
- 1 cup grated aged cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices cooked bacon, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Heat oven to 450°. Put potatoes on a baking sheet and bake, turning occasionally, until tender, about 1 hour. Transfer to a rack and let cool slightly.
- Halve potatoes lengthwise and scoop out insides with a spoon into a medium bowl, leaving ¼" of the outer layer of flesh and skin behind; transfer empty potato halves to a baking sheet.
- Combine scooped potato insides, ½ cup each cheddar and Gruyère, and sour cream, butter, chives, parsley, Tabasco, Worcestershire, and bacon and season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into potato halves and sprinkle with remaining cheese and paprika.
- Bake until cheese is browned and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
These are wonderful! I made a couple of small changes by using mozzarella rather than Gruyere and green onions rather than chives because I had them on hand. Very simple and delicious. Thanks for sharing this great keeper. Made for Spring PAC 2014.