Recipe by Little Bee
I originally found this on Allrecipes. I modified them a bit and lightened them up using lower fat ingredients. The taste was not compromised at all. They are fantastic! Perfect for company or a special meal.
Top Review by Catnip46
Very good! I followed the recipe except I used regular sour cream, cheese and milk. At first I thought it was a little soupy but after sitting for awhile it did thicken up. Will be making this again and again. Made for 2012 Zaar Cookbook Tag Game.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup light sour cream (do not use fat free)
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese, divided (do not use fat free though it does not melt well)
- 6 green onions, chopped divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Wrap potatoes in foil& bake in preheated oven for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, crumble and set aside.
- When potatoes are done allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl; save skins.
- To the potato flesh add sour cream, milk, margarine, salt, pepper,garlic powder, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 the green onions.
- Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy.
- Spoon the mixture into the potato skins.
- Top each with remaining cheese, green onions and bacon.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.