1/2 Photos of Ultimate Twice Baked Potatoes
Little Bee's Note:
I originally found this on Allrecipes. I modified them a bit and lightened them up using lower fat ingredients. The taste was not compromised at all. They are fantastic! Perfect for company or a special meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup light sour cream (do not use fat free)
- 1/2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese, divided (do not use fat free though it does not melt well)
- 6 green onions, chopped divided
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2Wrap potatoes in foil& bake in preheated oven for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- 3Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- 4Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- 5Drain, crumble and set aside.
- 6When potatoes are done allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
- 7Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl; save skins.
- 8To the potato flesh add sour cream, milk, margarine, salt, pepper,garlic powder, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 the green onions.
- 9Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy.
- 10Spoon the mixture into the potato skins.
- 11Top each with remaining cheese, green onions and bacon.
- 12Bake for another 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Twice Baked Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.5
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 18.3 mg
- Sodium 380.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 7.3 g