Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chewy-Gooey! Prepare brownies as directed on box. Servings are approximate depending on the size you cut them into. Courtesy of Betty Crocker.
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
- In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, pouch of chocolate syrup, water, oil and eggs until well blended.
- Spread 1/2 of batter (about 1 1/2 cups) in pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large microwavable bowl, microwave caramels and whipping cream uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
- Pour caramel over partially baked brownie; spread to edges.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of the chocolate chunks and 1/2 cup of the pecans.
- Drop remaining brownie batter by small spoonfuls onto caramel layer.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chocolate chunks and 1/2 cup pecans.
- Bake 33 to 36 minutes longer or until center is almost set.
- Cool 1 hour at room temperature.
- Cover; refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- For brownies, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
- Store covered at room temperature.