Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great tuna mix, if you're tired of that plain old tuna give this a try. I hope you like it.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans albacore tuna in water
- 4 small sweet gherkins, chopped up
- 1 1⁄2 stalks celery, chopped up
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- best food mayonnaise
- Drain tuna thoroughly and place in med size bowl.
- Chop onion, celery and sweet pickles to desired size.
- Mix with tuna and add desired amount of mayonnaise.
- Chill until cold.
- Serve on your favorite bread with a little salt and pepper.
Your recipe is very close to how I make my tuna sandwiches, except I normally use dill pickles. However, I wanted a change and I loved it with the gherkins!
This made a very delicious tuna salad sandwich. It's nice and simple, and I had all of the ingredients on-hand. Thanks for posting!
This made a good mix for a sandwich, I made mine on Rye with some lettuce leaves as well. I will make this again. Actually if you mashed it really well with extra mayo it would make a good dip.