Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
You haven't had tuna salad until you tried this variation. The unique blend of flavors makes it well, yummy!
- 2 (6 ounce) cans low-sodium tuna in water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Braggs liquid aminos
- 3 tablespoons Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 4 leaves red leaf lettuce
- 8 slices tomatoes
- alfalfa sprout
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- Drain tuna using a strainer and cheesecloth. Make sure all excess liquid is drained. Place in medium sized mixing bowl.
- Mix Mayo and Bragg's together, add to tuna.
- Add veggies, and combine well with fork.
- Place on bread, top with sprouts, lettuce and tomato.
- note: if you don't have Bragg's liquid Aminos, soy sauce or tamari will suffice.
Excellent tuna sandwich! I used soy sauce and had to skip the sprouts because I couldn't find any. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2012.