1 hr 25 mins
This is the $400 winner in the Everything Onion Category in the BHG Magazine. This makes 16 appetizer servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) package rolled unbaked refrigerated pie crusts
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 vidalia onion, halved and thinly sliced (or other sweet onion)
- 1 large leek, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 3/4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F Let pie crust stand according to package directions.
- 2In a 12-inch skillet heat butter over medium heat; add onion, leek, shallots, sugar, nutmeg, pepper, and 3/4 teaspoons salt. Cook about 8 minutes or until tender but not browned, stirring occasionally.
- 3Reduce heat. Stir in cream cheese until melted.
- 4Stir in Swiss and Monterey Jack cheeses until combined.
- 5In a large bowl combine eggs and cream. Gradually stir in onion mixture until combined.
- 6Ease pie crust into 9-inch pie plate; pour onion mixture into pie crust. Fold edge of crust over filling, pleating as necessary.
- 7Bake, uncovered, about 40 minutes or until crust and top are golden brown and a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- 8Cool on a wire rack for 15 to 20 minutes. Cut in 16 wedges. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Triple Onion Tart
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.2
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 76.0 mg
- Sodium 264.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 5.8 g