Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I normally eat three to four times as much as other family members at a sitting, but since we usually have guests over on Thanksgiving, I have to pretend my stomach isn't a bottomless pit and eat the average amount. Afterwards, though, I always sneak in and make myself a few (yes, plural) of these sandwiches, inspired by the thanksgiving sandwich Ross made in an episode of Friends once.
- 1 potato dinner roll (or dinner roll or crusty bread, whatever was served with thanksgiving dinner)
- 1 slice sandwich bread (or another one of those slices of crusty bread)
- 3 -4 tablespoons turkey gravy
- 1⁄3 cup prepared stuffing
- 1⁄3 cup mashed potatoes
- 2 slices turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce
- Soak the slice of wonder bread in the gravy.
- Cut open the potato roll.
- Place one slice of turkey breast in the potato roll.
- Compact stuffing into disc shape with hands and place on top of turkey slice.
- Top with gravy-soaked slice of wonder bread.
- Lay down second piece of turkey.
- Spread mashed potatoes on top.
- Drizzle with cranberry sauce.
- Replace top half of potato roll.
- Microwave for 30 seconds to one minute.