James Cook's Note:
I normally eat three to four times as much as other family members at a sitting, but since we usually have guests over on Thanksgiving, I have to pretend my stomach isn't a bottomless pit and eat the average amount. Afterwards, though, I always sneak in and make myself a few (yes, plural) of these sandwiches, inspired by the thanksgiving sandwich Ross made in an episode of Friends once.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 potato dinner roll (or dinner roll or crusty bread, whatever was served with thanksgiving dinner)
- 1 slice sandwich bread (or another one of those slices of crusty bread)
- 3 -4 tablespoons turkey gravy
- 1/3 cup prepared stuffing
- 1/3 cup mashed potatoes
- 2 slices turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce
- 1Soak the slice of wonder bread in the gravy.
- 2Cut open the potato roll.
- 3Place one slice of turkey breast in the potato roll.
- 4Compact stuffing into disc shape with hands and place on top of turkey slice.
- 5Top with gravy-soaked slice of wonder bread.
- 6Lay down second piece of turkey.
- 7Spread mashed potatoes on top.
- 8Drizzle with cranberry sauce.
- 9Replace top half of potato roll.
- 10Microwave for 30 seconds to one minute.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.8
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 2.2 mg
- Sodium 945.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
potato dinner rolls