Recipe by Esuka
I got this recipe out of an authentic Japanese Cuisine book, I tried it because it was simple and seemed legit and it was WONDERFUL! My whole, non-cultural family loved it, even my brother who hardly eats anything (besides mac & cheese and McDonald's) said it was awesome!
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 cups ice water
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour, sifted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl place the egg yolks.
- Add iced water gradually, stirring (preferably with hashi(chopsticks)) and blending well.
- Add flour all at once, stir BRIEFLY; that is well enough to coat but leave the lumps and bumps!
- To fry vegetables heat a large frying pan with a half-inch oil (or more if necessary) and heat on high.
- Coat selected large vegetables in batter and fry for a minute or two on each side.