1/1 Photo of Ultimate Tempura Batter
I got this recipe out of an authentic Japanese Cuisine book, I tried it because it was simple and seemed legit and it was WONDERFUL! My whole, non-cultural family loved it, even my brother who hardly eats anything (besides mac & cheese and McDonald's) said it was awesome!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups ice water
- 1 3/4 cups flour, sifted
- 1In a large bowl place the egg yolks.
- 2Add iced water gradually, stirring (preferably with hashi(chopsticks)) and blending well.
- 3Add flour all at once, stir BRIEFLY; that is well enough to coat but leave the lumps and bumps!
- 4To fry vegetables heat a large frying pan with a half-inch oil (or more if necessary) and heat on high.
- 5Coat selected large vegetables in batter and fry for a minute or two on each side.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Tempura Batter
Serving Size: 1 (606 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 35.7
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 13.2 mg
- Sodium 1.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.1 g