Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
No more long, detailed and complicated chili recipes for me. This one is simply delicious! Yesterday we had surprise guests for a pre-season game. I couldn't find a recipe online that fit the bill so I whipped up this chili to feed a crowd and it was a hit. Super easy with canned ingredients I had in my pantry. You can adjust accordingly to feed less people or use paprika instead of chili powder for less heat. Perfect with cornbread or on hot dogs! Enjoy, I look forward to hearing how other foodies like this chili. :)
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 (10 ounce) cans Rotel diced tomatoes (diced tomatoes with green peppers)
- 2 (4 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) cans ranch style beans, jalapeno flavor
- 1 cup beer
- salt & pepper
- In a large stock pot, start to brown beef. About half way through add onion and finish browning meat.
- Add garlic salt, chili powder, cumin, Rotel tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Stir well.
- Then add 2 cans of Jalapeno Ranch Style beans, beer, salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer on low for 1 hour with the lid on, stir occasionally.
- Serve with cornbread and lots of cheese. :).
Delicious recipe and quick to make! Although I used a slow cooker for the heck of it. I swapped out one of the cans of ranch (pinto) beans for red kidney because I like the texture. Also, couldn't find one with jalapeños, so I used plain beans. Would've preferred adding some fresh green pepper, but it was fine without it. I made cornbread of course, because I can't have chili without it! Also added sour cream, a blend of Mexican cheeses and the corn chips! So good on a chilly night!