Recipe by carolle217 simmers
A whole meal salad! Serve with french bread and enjoy. There is NEVER any left and people always request that I make it.
Top Review by bullwinkle
I would have given this 5 stars but some didn't care for the thousand island/salsa combination. The salad it self was very good. Thanks carolle217 simmers for a different twist to taco salad. Bullwinkle.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 -3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup nacho cheese flavor Doritos, crushed
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 lbs hamburger, cooked
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 avocado, sliced
- salt & pepper
- 1 bottle thousand island dressing, mixed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix lettuce, tomatoes and onion in a large salad bowl.
- Add cheese, crushed Doritos and the dressing.
- Add kidney beans to cooked hamburger and drain.
- Put on top of the salad.
- Decorate with sliced avocado and stand whole Doritos around the edge of the bowl.