Recipe by Sue Lau
This game day sandwich weighs in at over 6 pounds and feeds 8 people. Have plenty ready for your Superbowl crowd.
Top Review by AlaskanAmateur
LOVED this sandwich!!! Definitely good enough for a special occasion. I don't know if I'll ever be able to enjoy a "normal" sandwich again! Thanks for sharing your recipe!!!
- 1 loaf French bread, halved lengthwise (1 pound loaf)
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb sliced honey ham deli meat
- 1 lb sliced deli turkey
- 1 lb sliced cotto salami or 1 lb hard salami (or mixed)
- 1 lb sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb sliced swiss cheese
- 1 lb sliced provolone cheese
- 2 -3 cups lettuce, shredded
- 2 -3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 (10 ounce) can pitted black olives, sliced (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 cup banana pepper, sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together butter and garlic until smooth.
- Spread butter generously on split bread halves, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and oregano.
- Bake at 425F until cheese is lightly golden and remove from oven.
- Build layers of meat and cheese on bread.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, olives.
- onions, mushrooms, green peppers, and banana peppers.
- Top with upper layer of bread and press down gently.
- Slice into 8 servings.