Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This game day sandwich weighs in at over 6 pounds and feeds 8 people. Have plenty ready for your Superbowl crowd.
- 1 loaf French bread, halved lengthwise (1 pound loaf)
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb sliced honey ham deli meat
- 1 lb sliced deli turkey
- 1 lb sliced cotto salami or 1 lb hard salami (or mixed)
- 1 lb sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb sliced swiss cheese
- 1 lb sliced provolone cheese
- 2 -3 cups lettuce, shredded
- 2 -3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 (10 ounce) can pitted black olives, sliced (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 cup banana pepper, sliced (optional)
- Mix together butter and garlic until smooth.
- Spread butter generously on split bread halves, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and oregano.
- Bake at 425F until cheese is lightly golden and remove from oven.
- Build layers of meat and cheese on bread.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, olives.
- onions, mushrooms, green peppers, and banana peppers.
- Top with upper layer of bread and press down gently.
- Slice into 8 servings.
LOVED this sandwich!!! Definitely good enough for a special occasion. I don't know if I'll ever be able to enjoy a "normal" sandwich again! Thanks for sharing your recipe!!!
This was a very delicious sandwich. We felt the banana peppers just made the sandwich. Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe.
Oh..my...goddnes!...this is the king of all sandwiches Sue....I experimented (prepared) your sandwich last night, as I am looking for ideas to make for this years Super Bowl game, (my husband is having 6 friends over) Well I do believe that I will look no further, this IS the king of sandwiches Sue. The only change I made was I only used Swiss cheese, cause that is my DH's favorite cheese, and slathered on some mayo, and I omitted the banana pepper....WOW, it is delicious, I won't be waiting once a year to make this one. Thanks Sue for a super combination for a sandwich...very good! :-)