Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From a Crisco Box, sounds like these are really good!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup or 1⁄4 cup regular pancake maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour, plus
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Decorations your choice
- granulated sugar
- colored sugar crystals
- frosting, candies
- cake decorating gel
- Heat oven to 375.
- Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies. Combine sugar and butter flavor crisco in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs, syrup, and vanilla. Beat until well blended and fluffy.
- Combine 3 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix until well blended. Divide dough into 4 quarters.
- TIP: If dough is too sticky or too soft to roll: Wrap each quarter of dough with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Spread 1 T of flour onto large sheet of waxed paper. Place one-fourth of dough on floured paper. Flatten slightly with hands.
- Turn dough over and cover with another large sheet of waxed paper.
- Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out with floured cutter. Transfer to ungreased baking sheet. Place 2 inches apart.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar or colored sugar crystals, or leave plain to frost when cooled.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar or colored sugar crystals, or leave plain to frost when cooled.Bake one baking sheet at a time at 375 for 5-9 minutes, depending on the size of your cookies[bake smaller, thinner cookies closer to 5 minutes; larger cookies closer to 9 minutes].
- Do not overbake. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to foil to cool completely, then frost if desired.
I have used the recipe for years. The best sugsr cookie ever!
This dough just did not work for us. It was sticky and so hard to work with. I followed these directions exactly, so I have no idea what went wrong for me? They have a nice taste, but I had to add too much flower to be able to shape them.
Foolproof and so great, the dough is easy to handle and the texture is perfect. My favorite sugar cookie.