Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. The flavors of this turkey burger are bumped up by adding goat cheese and tangy A.1. sauce. The tartness of the cherries is a perfect counterbalance to the spiciness of the A.1. sauce.
- 2 cups whole bing cherries, stemmed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 6 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey breast
- 6 ounces goat cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 toasted English muffins or 6 hamburger buns
- Preheat a gas grill to medium-hot heat. Place cherries in a grill basket and grill until bright, but not charred, about 4 minutes. Shake basket frequently so that all cherries are completed heated through. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Halve the cherries over a bowl and discard the pits.
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a large saucepan. Add the shallots and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Sir in the A-1 Steak Sauce and brown sugar.
- Add the cherries to the saucepan and any juice. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Add ¼ teaspoon of salt and pepper to taste.
- Increase temperature of grill to high heat.
- Divide turkey into 6 equal sized rounds. Make 2 equal sized patties out of each round so you have 12 patties total.
- . Place 1oz of goat cheese in middle of 6 patties.
- Top each with remaining patties working the turkey around the edges to seal burgers closed. Season with ¼ teaspoon of salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Place each burger on muffin or roll. Top each with the A-1 Cherry Sauce.