Recipe by Munchkin Mama
This is one of my favorite recipes to make. They freeze well- just flash freeze and wrap individually in plastic wrap. You can add more of the spices and cheese at the end, to taste.
Top Review by lazyme
Great potatoes. I made these as directed except that I used green onions instead of chives. Easy, creamy and good. Thanks Munchkin Mama for a nice keeper. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.
- 6 slices crumbled cooked bacon (for topping)
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped (optional)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- chopped fresh chives or frozen chives, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub potatoes and prick several times with a fork.
- Place 1” apart on paper towels in the microwave.
- Microwave on high for 5 minute Turn. Cook 10 more minutes, turning one more time. Cool 2 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in ½ lengthwise.
- Carefully scoop out pulp, leaving ¼” thick shells.
- Combine pulp, butter, & whipping cream and mash until fluffy (For best results, use a mixer).
- Stir in sour cream and next 5 ingredients.
- Spoon into shells and bake @ 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with bacon and chives and serve immediately or flash freeze, wrap in plastic wrap, and use for OAMC.