Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
We just got a new blender...sure is fun experimenting! These came out AWESOME!
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream
- strawberry cream soda (or regular)
- whipped cream (optional)
- maraschino cherry (optional)
- In blender, combine strawberries, cream cheese, vanilla, half the ice cream and a 1/2 cup of the cream soda.
- Cover and blend til smooth.
- Divide blended mixture among 6 tall (16 oz.) glasses.
- Add a scoop of the remaining ice cream to each glass.
- Top each glass with more cream soda. Garnish with whipped cream and a cherry!
I pretty much followed Rita's cue & went low-calorie, fat-free & opted not to use the whipped cream or cherries [did, however, stick with the strawberry cream soda], & STILL the resulting shake was OUTSTANDING! Thanks much for posting this recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for Cupid's Choice Beverage Tag game]
The kids weren't too sure about this while I was making it, but they decided the shakes were yummy
Divine! My dd made this and LOVED it! Thank you for a great recipe!