Recipe by lkazmo2
This is by far the best burger recipe I have tried. It is a recipe I clipped from a magazine--sorry folks, just can't remember which one. TRY THESE you'll never fix a plain hamburger again. They are so tender and juicy and the bacon fat adds just a hint of smoky flavor. I don't think you'll be sorry!
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 -2 slice white bread, crusts removed, cut into 1 inch pieces. (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 lbs of 85- 90% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, very finely minced
- vegetable oil, for grill rack
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon in skillet. Place 3 tablespoons of bacon fat into heatproof bowl and set in refrigerator while preparing other ingredients.
- Put bread in bowl, add milk, and let mixture sit about 5 minutes. Using a fork, mash bread and milk till smooth paste forms.
- Break up beef into small bits into a medium size bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then add garlic, bread paste, and reserved chilled bacon fat. Lightly knead all ingredients to mix and incorporate. Divide into 4 patties.
- Oil cooking grate and grill burgers over a very hot fire, without squeezing down on them, until well seared on both sides (7-10 mins depending on preference for doneness). Top burgers with bacon previously cooked. Serve on buns.