Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
All of the best things about a great steak dinner in one bite!!
- 1 (6 -8 ounce) beef tenderloin fillets (grilled rare to med-rare. See Perfect Tenderloin Steak / Filets With Mushrooms)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced, sauteed with garlic (see recipe same page as steak, above)
- 1 cup caramelized onion
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese (can use reduced fat, just not non-fat, nasty texture, no flavor, doesn't melt correctly)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, ground
- 3⁄4 cup gorgonzola or 3⁄4 cup other good blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 bunch fresh basil, julienned
- 1 handful Baby Spinach (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, roasted, chopped (jarred, ok, or grilled or chopped fresh)
- black pepper, ground
- naan bread, garlic flavored (in grocery stores with other foods from India, or refrigerated flat bread section)
- Grill steak to rare to medium/rare. Cover, set aside. Hopefully, you have some left over caramelized onions and mushrooms. If not, make some 8-).
- Preheat oven to 425. Sprinkle some cornmeal on a heavy sheet pan or clay pizza baking pan.
- Place 3 pieces of Naan on sheet pan. On each, place 1/3 of the Jack and Gorgonzola cheeses. Divide the onions, mushrooms, and ½ of the basil, and all of the Parmesan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until bubbly and caramelized.
- Slice steak thinly, and cut into bite-sized pieces. Add to top of pizza. Sprinkle with chopped red pepper and remaining fresh basil, and add a little more pepper. Cut into 6 pieces and enjoy!