Recipe by skeptic777
I never, never order spaghetti when we dine out. I find it very bland, offering mostly tomato sauce with out much flavor. My wife has been preparing this recipe for years and our family and friends love it.
Top Review by Annacia
Delicious. I would serve this to company with confidence and it doesn't take all day to make. The only spaghetti I have left in the house is whole wheat and multigrain so I used other pasta to suite him. While I didn't weigh it out I used about half of the ground beef ask for and that amount worked very well for us. Made for PAC, Spring 2012.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 diced sweet onion
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can water
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes or 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the ground beef, diced onions and diced bell pepper together until meat is browned.
- Add all spices, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes and water.
- Simmer for twenty minutes. Because of the bullion cubes make sure you taste before adding salt.
- Boil four quarts of water. Add spaghetti to boiling water and stir vigorously until water returns to boil. Turn heat down and simmer 8 to 9 minutes to desired tenderness. Drain and pour directly in to sauce and serve.