Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
We love this recipe! It tastes wonderful, and it's quick and easy to make.
Make and share this Ultimate Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas recipe from Food.com.
For The Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter (Melted)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced & sauteed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces cansof drained green chilies (optional)
For The Filling
- 4 cups thawed pre-cooked chicken, fajita meat
- 4 cups grated monterey jack cheese, reserve 1/2 of the cheese for topping (You can use 2 Cups Monterey Jack and 2 Cups grated Jalapeño Cheddar mixed together)
- 1 package 10-inch flour tortilla
- Mix sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix your chicken and 2 cups of your cheese with enough of your sauce to make it moist.
- Spoon part of the mixture equally down the middle of a tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla and place it in a 13"x 9" glass baking dish seam side down.
- Repeat with tortillas and mixture until the dish is full.
- Pour your remaining sauce mixture over the enchiladas and top with your remaining cheese.
- Bake this at 350º for approximately 30 minutes depending on your oven.
Very tasty!!! I did not use precooked chicken, I cooked some frozen chicken breasts instead. I also used a Mexican cheese blend instead of just the monterey jack.