Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
We love this recipe! It tastes wonderful, and it's quick and easy to make.
For The Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter (Melted)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced & sauteed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces cansof drained green chilies (optional)
For The Filling
- 4 cups thawed pre-cooked chicken, fajita meat
- 4 cups grated monterey jack cheese, reserve 1/2 of the cheese for topping (You can use 2 Cups Monterey Jack and 2 Cups grated Jalapeño Cheddar mixed together)
- 1 package 10-inch flour tortilla
- Mix sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix your chicken and 2 cups of your cheese with enough of your sauce to make it moist.
- Spoon part of the mixture equally down the middle of a tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla and place it in a 13"x 9" glass baking dish seam side down.
- Repeat with tortillas and mixture until the dish is full.
- Pour your remaining sauce mixture over the enchiladas and top with your remaining cheese.
- Bake this at 350º for approximately 30 minutes depending on your oven.
Very tasty!!! I did not use precooked chicken, I cooked some frozen chicken breasts instead. I also used a Mexican cheese blend instead of just the monterey jack.