Recipe by tcourto
I got this recipe from the back of a box of cereal then tweeked it to my liking. Now it's a family favorite. <><
Top Review by CarrolJ
Super easy to make...and very good to eat. I didn't have a glass bowl so I used a glass 13 x 9 glass baking dish. The only changes in the recipe I made was that I used equivalent amounts of Cheez-it crackers since I didn't have any of the goldfish crackers and they taste the same. I will make this again, and again. We love having crunchy snacks around here. Cheaper than buying the premade stuff and quicker and simpler than driving to the store etc. Made for PAC Fall 2009. http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=310505&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 7 cups Rice Chex (or combination ) or 7 cups Corn Chex (or combination )
- 1 1⁄2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup pretzel
- 1 cup gold fish cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- In large microwave-safe bowl, melt margarine on high.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and sugar.
- Gradually add cereals, peanuts, pretzels and crackers; stir to coat evenly.
- Microwave on high 5 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, scraping sides and bottom of bowl.
- Spread on paper towel to cool.
- Store in airtight container.