Recipe by KPD
This is a super simple recipe for shrimp scampi. Such a rich and elegant dish! For the white wine, I would recommend a Pinot Grigio. This is my take on a Tyler Florence recipe from Tyler's Ultimate!
- 1 lb linguine, cooked and reserve 1 cup cooking liquid
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Saute garlic, shallots and red pepper flakes in 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat in large skillet.
- Add shrimp to skillet, cooking until pink about 2-3 minutes. Remove shrimp from pan.
- Add wine and lemon juice to skillet. When mixture comes to a boil, add 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons olive oil. When butter melts, return shrimp to pan and add parsley, cooked pasta and 1 cup pasta cooking liquid. Toss to combine.
- To be extra fancy: drizzle a little more olive oil over finished dish!