Recipe by Bridget S.
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This is a recipe I created for my kids who love sausage and fried potatoes with their eggs in the morning for breakfast. They loved this and ask me all the time to prepare it for them! As a addition I will add shredded cheddar cheese sometimes for the cheese lovers in my family.
- 1 lb breakfast sausage, such as jimmy dean
- 16 ounces frozen Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 medium red bell peppers, diced or 1 medium green bell pepper
- 10 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl combine eggs and milk and mix well till all incorperated set aside.
- In large skillet brown sausage with diced pepper till browned drain well reserving some fat and sett aside.
- In same skillet with reserved fat from sausage cook potatoes till just starting to brown.
- take reserved sausage mix and add to potatoes and stir all together till well incorperated.
- Put sausage and potato mix in bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour egg mix over potato and sausage.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes or till eggs are cooked through and serve hot.