Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
This is the best salsa you will ever taste try me and you will never turn back! GUARANTEED
- 7570.0 ml tomatoes, peeled & diced
- 5 onions, chopped
- 118.29 ml canning salt
- 1 stalk celery, chopped leaves and all
- 29.58 ml mustard seeds
- 118.29 ml cider vinegar
- 4-5 green peppers, chopped
- 8 jalapeno peppers, leave seeds in if like it hot
- 2 habanero peppers, without seeds (optional)
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 2 (1587.57 g) can tomato puree
- 3 (1318.25 g) can black beans
- mix the 1st 3 ingredients and let sit for 1 hour.
- mix the rest of ingredients in seperate container and let set for 1 hour.
- combine the 2 and bring to a boil, check to see if "hot" enough for your taste buds if not now is the time to DR. it up by adding seeds of peppers or tabasco or cayenne pepper.
- bottle it up and put in a hot water bath for 30 minutes.
Salsa has a long tradition in our household; we've made a big batch of our Recipe#259879 every two or three years for decades. This recipe won't replace it, but it gets a high grade and my whole family loved it. It has a different set of flavor accents than our usual because of celery, black beans, and habanero, and a nice slow heat. It's also chunkier than what we usually make, because we generally simmer it down while this is canned as soon as it comes to a boil. One jar is already gone, enjoyed with chicken tacos and tortilla chips.