Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
This is the best salsa you will ever taste try me and you will never turn back! GUARANTEED
- 2 gallons tomatoes, peeled & diced
- 5 onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup canning salt
- 1 stalk celery, chopped leaves and all
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 4 -5 green peppers, chopped
- 8 jalapeno peppers, leave seeds in if like it hot
- 2 habanero peppers, without seeds (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomato puree
- 3 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black beans
- mix the 1st 3 ingredients and let sit for 1 hour.
- mix the rest of ingredients in seperate container and let set for 1 hour.
- combine the 2 and bring to a boil, check to see if "hot" enough for your taste buds if not now is the time to DR. it up by adding seeds of peppers or tabasco or cayenne pepper.
- bottle it up and put in a hot water bath for 30 minutes.
Salsa has a long tradition in our household; we've made a big batch of our Salsa for Canning every two or three years for decades. This recipe won't replace it, but it gets a high grade and my whole family loved it. It has a different set of flavor accents than our usual because of celery, black beans, and habanero, and a nice slow heat. It's also chunkier than what we usually make, because we generally simmer it down while this is canned as soon as it comes to a boil. One jar is already gone, enjoyed with chicken tacos and tortilla chips.