2 hrs 55 mins
2 hrs 10 mins
Vaguely Vegan's Note:
My mom always made these for special occasions. They are so delicious and make a very impressive presentation. Time to make includes the two hours to chill the crepe batter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2Combine flour and salt in a medium sized blow.
- 3Beat eggs until blended in a small bowl; stir in milk; beat into flour mixture until smooth.
- 4Melt butter and stir into batter.
- 5Cover and chill two hours.
- 6Heat a 7-inch frying pan; test temperature by sprinkling a few drops of water- when drops bounce about, the temperature is right.
- 7Measure batter, 2 tbsp at a time into pan, tilting pan to cover bottom.
- 8Bake crepe 1 to 2 minutes or until bottoms browns; turn; bake 1 minute longer.
- 9As crepes are baked, stack on a plate with paper towels between; keep warm.
- 10Repeat with remaining batter, buttering pan before each baking, to make about 24 crepes.
- 12Melt 3 tbsp butter in a medium-sized saucepan; blend in the 3 tbsp four.
- 13Cook, stirring constantly until bubbly.
- 14Stir in salt, pepper, tarragon and cream.
- 15Continue cooking and stirring until sauce thickens and boils for 1 minute.
- 16Beat egg yolks slightly in a small bowl; stir in about half of the sauce (while it is still hot), then stir back into remaining sauce in pan.
- 17Cook 1 minute longer, remove from heat.
- 18Blend 3/4 cup of the sauce with the salmon and chives in a medium-sized bowl; stir lemon juice into remaining sauce.
- 19Place heaping tbsp of the salmon mixture on each crepe; roll up, jelly roll fashion and place in a single layer in a buttered broilerproof dish, 13X9X2.
- 20Pour remaining sauce over crepes; sprinkle Parmesan cheese over all.
- 21Bake in a 400 oven for 10 minutes or until bubbly (if you prefer top slightly brown, place in broiler for 2 to 3 minutes).
- 22Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Salmon Crepes
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.8
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 163.7 mg
- Sodium 455.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 15.8 g