1/1 Photo of Ultimate, Rich Cheesecake Brownies
1 hr 5 mins
These brownies are mouth-watering...YUMMM! Thats all I can say!! They taste best when served in the first couple of days that they are made.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
First part of the process
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted,plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, sifted
Second part of process
- 1preheat oven to 350 degrees (make sure rack is in the in the center of the oven) Lightly butter a 9-inch square pan.
- 2You may or may not wish to line the baking pan with aluminum foil.
- 3You would do this so that you could remove the whole brownie bake from the pan at once.
- 4If you choose to do so, line it so that the foil extends approximately 2 inches beyond two opposite sides of the pan.
- 5(and then lightly butter the foil)-- folding the overhang down along outside of the pan.
- 6In the top of a double boiler set over hot, not simmering, water, melt the unsweetened chocolate with the butter, stirring frequently until smooth Remove the top part of the double boiler from the bottom and transfer the chocolate mixture to a large (preferably glass) bowl.
- 7Let the chocolate mixture cool for about 10 minutes, or until tepid.
- 8Add the sugar and salt to the chocolate mixture.
- 9Using a hand-held electric mixer set at low speed, beat mixture for 15 to 20 seconds, until blended Scrape the bottom and side of the bowl with a rubber spatula and then beat in the corn syrup and the vanilla.
- 10Add the eggs one at a time, beating for no longer than a few seconds after each With a rubber spatula, stir in the flour mixture Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
- 11Add cream cheese to a medium size bowl, and beat with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, Add sugar, mixing until blended.
- 12Add egg and vanilla and mix just until blended.
- 13Pour cream cheese mixture evenly over brownie mixture, and then cut through batter with knife several times for a marbled affect.
- 14Bake for 30-40 minutes until cream cheese mixture is lightly browned.
- 15Take a toothpick and stick through a corner that has no cream cheese.
- 16If it comes clean, your brownies are done.
- 17Do not overbake the brownies!
- 18Cool brownies completely in pan set aside on a wire rack.
- 19If you chose to line the pan with foil (so they could be removed from the pan immediately after cooling)-- using the ends of foil you folded over, lift the brownies out of the pan.
- 20With a nice sized sharpened knife, cut into bars.
- 21Remove the brownies from the foil and store in an airtight container at room temperature for four to five days.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate, Rich Cheesecake Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.1
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 155.6 mg
- Sodium 146.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 38.8 g
- Protein 8.1 g